FTC Sues to Stop Massive Sweepstakes Scam
At the request of the Federal Trade Commission, a federal court has halted a massive sweepstakes scam that has taken more than $11 million from consumers throughout the United States and dozens of other countries throughout the world, including Canada, the United Kingdom, France, and Japan. The FTC seeks to permanently end the allegedly illegal practices that have continued for seven years and return money to victims.
econsumer News Feeds:
Note: For all RSS Feed links, click to view in browser or copy the link to subscribe via your feed reader of choice.
econsumer: English RSS feed
(this RSS feed combines the below member news feeds that are published in English)
- Australia: Australian Competition & Consumer Commission RSS feed
- Canada: Competition Bureau Canada RSS feed
- Ireland: National Consumer Agency RSS feed
- United Kingdom: Office of Fair Trading RSS feed
- United States: Federal Trade Commission RSS feed
You can also visit our Member Countries page which has links to all member websites where you can usually find the latest local news and issues.